Buddha: " Whenever you see things, just see. Whenever you listen, just listen. Whenever you know, just know."
Bangkok by Bike
Bangkok Cycle Routes - Bicycle Eco-tours Bangkok
The City of Bangkok Tourism Division of the Culture, Sports and Tourism Department of the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has produced a Free cyclist's guide, 'Bangkok's 10 Biking Routes' a convenient C6 size booklet of Bangkok cycle route maps and tour highlight guide.
The booklet is obtainable from the Tourism Division building, 17/1 Phra Arthit Road, Phra Nakhon District, BKK 10200, at the Chao Phraya River end of Rachini Road, close to the supporting legs on the Bangkok side of the Phra Pinklao Bridge.
The ten routes include:
1. Rattanakosin Island Route - The heart of the main tourist area on the Bangkok, (starting at the Bangkok Tourism Division office).
2. Bangpoon Bangyikhan Route - The old town, (starting at the Bangkok Tourism Division office), taking in both banks of the Chao Phraya River to the north.
3. Unseen Dusit Route - Taking in the Royal Area of Bangkok north of the city centre.
4. klong (Khlong) Prawet Burirom Route - A route out to an eastern area starting at 'One Hand (single-handed) around the World by Bicycle Shop' close to the Meesak Cycle Services (shop / depot).
5. Klong (Khlong) Phasi Charoen History Route - A route in the Thonburi outskirts.
6. Klong San Route - Starting at the Bangkok Tourism Division office this route follows the Thonburi west bank south to the Krung Thep Bridge and back up to Chinatown on the Bangkok east bank.
7. The Orchid Route - Starting at the Thonburi Railway Station (opposite side of the Chao Phraya River to the Bangkok Tourism Division office) heading out westward(ish) to Wat Kaeo Fa.
8. Thon Buri Si Mahasamut Route - Starting at the Thonburi Railway Station (opposite side of the Chao Phraya River to the Bangkok Tourism Division office) heading out westward(ish) south of Klong (Khlong Maha Sawat in an anti-clockwise route ending back at the start.
9. Bang Khun Thian Mangrove Forest Route - From Wongwian Yai Railway Station through south west Thonburi to the sea and back.
10. Nong Chok Agricultural Garden Route - A circular nature lover’s route in a far eastern area within the Bangkok Met Area.
Items annotated (TAT)
Calling all Thailand Travel & Tourism Specialists
Free Pages - Get your details listed in our Directory
Drop us an email providing the details you would like entered into the directory or alternatively write using the address details below.
You do not need to have a web site to get listed.